Finding you the best car hire deals at all UK airports . We compare quotes and you get the best deal.
You arrive at the airport with luggage and possibly kids in tow. What size car should you hire? You might drive a people carrier at home but can you drive a Corsa whilst you are away from home?
For some people the car they drive is all about status rather than practicallity. This is fair enough but it might mean you spend a lot more than is necessary when you hire a car. If however you are happier to drive something smaller than your usuall car then there are big savings to be had.
We try below. to summarise some advantages to hiring either type of car.
- Considerable savings in rental cost. £25.80 for a Clio at Edinburgh Airport for one day - £211.73 for a Ford Mondeo Estate on the same day.
- Fuel savings. A smaller car will cost you less to fuel.
- Easier to park and find parking spaces for.
- Might suit you better if you are travelling alone.
- Comfortable if there are a lot of you and have a lot of luggage
- Usually more mod-cons in the car meaning a more pleasant driving experience.
- Often larger cars are safer and feel better on the road.
- Gives you more options should you need to take on passengers of buy and transport large items.